Saturday, October 8, 2016

Module 6


After watching the film, Through the Eyes of The Sculptor, I took in a few things. There is a lot that goes into being a sculptor. Patience is one. The amount of time that goes into sculpting a material seems so tiring. Also sculptors have to be determinated to finish the works of art that they constantly face. In the film it stated that Emanuel keeps his mind fresh by working on multiple projects. This scheme gives him a fresh eye every time he goes back to the material to enhance his previous work. The second film, Glass and ceramics, I learned that glass is made from sand. I knew it had something to do with heating a material up but I never knew it was sand! I also learned about the different types of glass and how it can be made into pretty much anything.

Both videos relate to the reading by giving an even deeper understanding of sculptures, glass and ceramics. The book goes into more detail on the history of sculptures and ceramics. The book was good at showing the different materials, elements and textures that are used. The videos gives more of a visual representation of the reading, showing the final processes of sculpting.  


I learned a lot from the films. I like how the reading gives the breakdown of sculptures and glass and ceramics and the videos just puts the icing on the cake by answering any other questions you may have. Along with a real time visual rather than just photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment