Thursday, November 17, 2016

Module 10

1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.

I chose to watch the video on African Art because I wanted to learn more about the different artistic forms that contribute to African art. I also choose to watch the video on Hinduism.  I chose this video simply because I don’t have too much of a background on it and wanted to know more about it.

2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.

In the African Art video I learned that they express their artistic nature in the form of music, masks, hairstyles and so on. Art is a big part of the African culture and is obvious in its various forms. African masks were made from straw and wood. Other African art (ceremonial) are created with more durable materials. The video on Hinduism was very informational. The Great Rivers Ganges was a powerful symbol of Hinduism. People of the Hindu religion believe in millions of years of life, death, and rebirth. Hindu’s host ceremonies where they pray, these ceremonies are for the “removal of pain.”

3. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?


The videos relate to the readings because they both express the differnt forms of art that each culture holds. It also relates to the text because it gives a history report on the forms of art. The readings just backed up the films and gave a deeper understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment