Thursday, November 17, 2016

Module 11

Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.

I decided to watch the videos on expressionism and cubism both to expand my knowledge on the topics since I’m not too familiar with them.

 For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.

Expressionism:
·         Used in various paintings
·         Colors are used quite frequently to express the mood of the art
·         Can give a deeper understanding than art could, previously.
·         Uses symbols

Cubism:
·         Picasso lead the movement and impacted other artists
·         Representation of shapes and forms
·         Includes contrasts of lines, textures and colors

 How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?

The videos helped me understand the text further. The reading did a good job exploiting expressionism. I was able to further understand the meaning behind cubism and expressionism after reading the text.

 What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?


I enjoyed both films. I understood the videos more than I did the readings. They weren’t too dull. They both were very good educational films.

No comments:

Post a Comment