Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Module 12

1.       Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
Andy Warhol- Images of an Image and Uncertainty: Modern and Art. I don’t have too much of a background on either topic. I have heard a lot about Andy Warhol and wanted to see his work for myself.

2.       For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
Images of an image:
·         Andy’s style was focused on pop art
·         Used a silk screen machine often
·         Used a silk screen machine to create an image of Marilyn Monroe
·         Created Ten Lizes in 1963
·         Art journalist
·         Drew advertisements for Campbell’s Soup and Coca Cola
Modern and Art:
·         Pop art
·         Abstract art
·         Picasso
·         Figures are disproportionate
·         Modern art is always evolving

3.       How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
The videos did a good job with giving a general explanation. Any time I don’t understand something I can always go back and re read the chapter. Expresionism, pop art and abstract art are all mentioned in the readings.

4.       What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
I enjoyed the films. They had a lot of info on expressionism and pop art. It was a nice refre

No comments:

Post a Comment